Senior Frontend Engineer (React)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Frontend Developer (React - full remote)
For years XING has been one of the leading companies in building user-oriented digital products thanks to an organisation that embraces agile methods in and beyond the cross-functional product development teams. With our strong group of over 45 product people - with a variety of specialisations and a keen interest in collaborating and learning from one another - we actively work to grow our product culture. Thanks to our internal learning mindset, a variety of training courses, exchange with external partners as well as national and international experts, we pursue our vision: For a better working life.
A challenging task
You will be part of a cross-functional team of backend, frontend, designers and product owners
You will build front end solutions using React/GraphQL
You will contribute to the development of our internal design systems and tools
You will optimize for mobile devices, browser performance and create cross-browser compatible solutions
You will mentor your team members on best practices for front end development
A convincing background
You have experience with ES2016+ and asynchronous programming concepts
You have been building solutions using React for a while and have a deep understanding of the inner-workings of the technology
You have deep knowledge in frontend testing frameworks such as Jest, enzyme or react-testing-library
You are able to do blindfolded semantic HTML, modern and pixel perfect CSS.
Experience with CSS-in-JS is also a plus (styled-components, emotion, JSS…)
You are familiar with the principles of a high-performance, optimized, responsive mobile website.
Familiarity and experience with GraphQL / Apollo is a plus
You are generally very curious about new technologies and always try to keep up-to-date
You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe
You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work
You are capable of analysing each problem independently and choosing the solution that adjusts better to it and not overcomplicating things.
You are eager to work in a multicultural environment
You are fluent in English
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and we also organize public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/xing_esp
If you have any questions please let us know!