Senior Frontend Engineer – Web Infrastructure (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE - for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
Senior Frontend Engineer – Web Infrastructure (f/m/x)
The Web Infrastructure team is a central platform team within the New Work SE. We develop and maintain a dedicated web framework called Hops to enable all product teams at XING to create modern web applications that integrate well with our platform. We care for the tooling to build, deploy and test our corresponding products. As part of our Solution Architecture cluster, we collaborate in setting technical guardrails and good practices for our engineering organisation.
A challenging task
You will work from our new tech office that we built just two years ago in the beautiful city of Porto and collaborate with your colleagues from Hamburg. You will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally. Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English.
- You will work in a team of Senior Engineers and (Senior) Architects that are both eager to learn from you, as well as to share their knowledge with you
- You will build foundations and processes on which our product teams base their applications on
A convincing background
- You are a fast learner. You might not have worked with everything we are asking for yet, but you are keen to dive in deeper
- You own a passion for developer tooling and developer experience. Finally, this is what we are working on
- You are self-driven and have a sense of ownership. You take the initiative and care for the quality and value of your work
- You drive for technical excellence and get things done. You work iteratively and are able to make pragmatic decisions when necessary
- You know how browsers and the web work, in detail
- Knowledge of GraphQL, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes comes as a bonus
- Knowledge of browser automation approaches comes as a bonus
- Experience in maintaining a library and the related release management processes comes as a bonus
- You can comprehensively communicate on a technical level and are fluent in English both in written and spoken form
An inspiring environment
- The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours. The New Work SE is heading to more flexibility of working remotely. Our New Mobile Office 50% policy combines both – more flexibility in working outside our Offices & face-to-face collaboration.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brown bag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones, also with continuous personal feedback
- Regular events: Social days, company meetings, summer & Christmas party, offsite events and lots of fun.
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can still add your partner at a small cost that will be deducted from your monthly salary.
- An Employee Assistance (confidential) Program to assist you with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact your job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical - unpaid period of time in which you don’t work and is thus used for recreation.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds,
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, running club and various other protocols
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- Want to bring your pet to the office? No problem at NEW WORK
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!