Senior iOS Developer (m/f/d)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Senior iOS Developer (m/f/d)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
A challenging task
- This is a hands-on position: you'll help to develop, integrate, maintain and monitor exciting new features in our apps. This will enable you to get to know our platform and further develop your technical skills
- You will work in an end-to-end team with backend, Web, Android engineers, product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context.
- You'll ensure the delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and doing pair programming, unit testing, UI automation, code reviews, etc.
- You'll help us improve our development and delivery process and influence the technical direction of the team, helping the team develop their technical skills further and improving our app. You'll also have ample opportunity to impress us with your ideas and help us shape our product.
- You will be part of the overall XING community of iOS developers, sharing best practices, knowledge and code.
A convincing background
- Proficient in Swift and Objective-C
- You have a test-driven development mindset, and strive for building testable, predictable and simple code. You have a good understanding of the test pyramid principles and are familiar with different testing frameworks (for example XCtest, UITest, Calabash)
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures and software development patterns. Familiarity (or at least curiosity) in functional programming will be a plus
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON, maybe even complemented by some backend experience. We are moving to GraphQL, so hands-on experience will be a plus.
- You are into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge
- You are a team player in a feedback appreciated environment; you know your qualities, share them with your team and are happy to further develop yourself.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- Ideally you have published your own app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published blog posts. If so, please include those in your application.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- 3 full innovation weeks per year
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions please let us know!