(Senior) NLP Data Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
(Senior) NLP Data Engineer (m/f/x)
Our Data Science team is responsible...
We are working intensely on projects related to text analytics and information extraction, building pipelines for automated machine learning and enhancing the value/utility of XING's data. Therefore, we are seeking an experienced Natural Language Processing (NLP) Data Engineer who supports the extraction of insightful and valuable information from a large amount of semi-structured data such as job ads and millions of user profiles. This extracted data is an essential feature for many of our services which serve millions of requests per day. If you want to get things done rather than sit in meetings, and if you like helping others and learning from them, you will have fun in our team!
A challenging task
- Solve challenging problems in the context of real-time processing, NLP, machine learning, Big Data, distributed systems.
- Write scalable code for processing and analyzing large amounts of data and help designing new services and products.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the infrastructure supporting information extraction.
- Contribute to projects leveraging our self-maintained taxonomy of skills and professions to enhance data products critical to our users, together with our Data Scientists.
A convincing background
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or equivalent Software Engineering experience
- At least 4 years of Software Engineering experience
- Good programming skills in Scala, Java or Python
- Experience in working with NLP frameworks like NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, Spacy or alike
- Practical knowledge of techniques such as word2vec, GloVe, and foundational NLP techniques such as tokenization, POS tagging, named entity recognition, entity linking and grammatical parsing
- Knowledge and experience in implementing scalable software and data-driven services which processes large datasets, using search technologies (e.g., Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.), Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.), data storages (e.g. relational databases, key-value stores) or related data processing technologies (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Play, etc.)
- Experience in the domain of machine learning is a plus
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required)
- A positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge with your Community of Practice
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and we also organise public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! @xing_esp
If you have any questions please let us know!