(Senior) NLP Data Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor)
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
(Senior) NLP Data Engineer (m/f/x)
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 16.5 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments.
Our Data Science team is responsible for turning data into services and products for New Work SE. Around 25 Data scientists, architects and engineers work together to create highly scalable solutions which serve millions of users. We bring state-of-the-art algorithms into production by making use of technologies such as Hadoop (e.g. Hive, Spark), Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc. Learn more about our team at: https://bit.ly/data-science-team
We are working intensely on projects related to text analytics and information extraction, building pipelines for automated machine learning and enhancing the value/utility of XING's data. Therefore, we are seeking an experienced Natural Language Processing (NLP) Data Engineer who supports the extraction of insightful and valuable information from a large amount of semi-structured data such as job ads and millions of user profiles. This extracted data is an essential feature for many of our services which serve millions of requests per day. If you want to get things done rather than sit in meetings, and if you like helping others and learning from them, you will have fun in our team!
A challenging task
- Solve challenging problems in the context of real-time processing, NLP, machine learning, Big Data, distributed systems.
- Write scalable code for processing and analyzing large amounts of data and help designing new services and products.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the infrastructure supporting information extraction.
- Contribute to projects leveraging our self-maintained taxonomy of skills and professions to enhance data products critical to our users, together with our Data Scientist.
A convincing background
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or equivalent Software Engineering experience.
- At least 4 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Good programming skills in Scala, Java or Python.
- Experience in working with NLP frameworks like NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, Spacy or alike.
- Practical knowledge of techniques such as word2vec, GloVe, and foundational NLP techniques such as tokenization, POS tagging, named entity recognition, entity linking and grammatical parsing.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing scalable software and data-driven services which processes large datasets, using search technologies (e.g., Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.), Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.), data storages (e.g. relational databases, key-value stores) or related data processing technologies (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Play, etc.).
- Experience in the domain of machine learning is a plus.
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required).
- A positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge with your Community of Practice.
An inspiring environment
We offer a dynamic environment. Besides flexible working hours and some days to “work from home”, you will have an opportunity to extend your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses from technical ramp-up to foreign language lessons, regular team and offsite events, access to conferences, and lots of fun. You will work in a multicultural and international environment (XING employees come from more than 30 different countries), with people speaking English, German, Spanish, Arabic etc., but also Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Java, Scala, Python, Kotlin and so on. If you like technology, you will feel at home with us!
We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let us not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You will also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you are feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits.
Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
If you have any questions please let us know!