(Senior) Ruby on Rails Developer
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f/d)
At XING Events we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our
many online communities. For that we are offering e.g. the events market (xing.com/events), the communities (xing.com/communities) and also an online event ticketing solution (en.xing-events.com/our-services/ticketing).
A challenging task
As a member of this talented team, under Agile Development methodologies, your focus will be the development and maintenance of our web and mobile products.
- Work within a Full Stack team that uses the Ruby on Rails, React and Node, technology stacks.
- Working together with central teams to integrate our project into the different platforms.
- Implement and test features in the web and backend parts of the app.
- Work within the XING technology environment, including GitHub, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ,
- Take part of the migration of the current product and the creation of new
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users to meet and exchange online and offline, or innovate existing ones such as such as com/communities.
A convincing background
3-5 years developing web applications
- You are a passionate web developer with +2 years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- You are used to test your code (unit tests).
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Proficient with Git
- Familiar with agile methodologies and enjoys working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts
- Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- Team spirit and willingness to share knowledge with other colleagues.
- Fluent in English
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment
It will be a plus if you have:
- Willingness to go Full Stack
- Experience building web APIs (RESTful, GraphQL)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Contributor to open source projects
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We offer the full-remote option as far as you are living in Spain.
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- 2 full innovation weeks per year
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device you can choose among a list (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
If you have any questions please let us know!