Senior System Administrator (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Senior System Administrator (f/m/x)
We ensure that all our internal IT systems run smoothly, including networks, conference systems and applications for communication and cooperation within the company. Communication is key, and as we have offices all over Europe a steady and stable communication environment is the foundation of our daily work. About 15 system administrators and a 1st level team are working with Windows, macOS and Linux to ensure that 1500 colleagues are able to work smoothly. Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
We have job openings in many roles to complement our growing team. For all open positions, we look for skilled & dedicated people who share our passion for building products that millions of users love.
At XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow professionally. You’ll be part of an organization with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc. While most of our products focus on the German speaking regions, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe and our working culture is international.
A challenging task
- Continuous optimisation of our existing (Cisco) Unified Communication infrastructure.
- Migrate parts of the existing infrastructure to cloud-based solutions, Incl.Microsoft Teams.
- Support and orchestration of on-premise and cloud-based communication platforms.
- Build interfaces to other existing tools.
- Set-up guidelines and steady documentations.
- Never take our tools as granted, always look for the better (market research).
A convincing background
- A degree in computer science or another comparable education in the IT sector.
- Deep knowledge in collaboration and communication infrastructure platforms incl. Cisco CUCM, Cisco Finesse, Cisco Expressway, Microsoft Teams and gateway technologies.
- Deep knowledge in video conference set-ups.
- Fluent English skills ,German is a plus.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Annual conference allowances, regular training, meetups and brown bag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can
- Health Insurance
- An Employee Assistance Program to help you with all kinds of personal topics, to ensure you have the support for a better working life
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds
- Free breakfast, fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English, German and Portuguese lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply click below and apply!
If you have any questions please let us know!