Senior UI/UX Designer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor)
New Work SE - for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
Senior UI/UX Designer (f/m/x)
As a designer at XING, you will be part of a team of dedicated copywriters, UI and UX designers and user researchers distributed across our Hamburg, Barcelona, Porto and Valencia offices. We work with product owners, product managers and developers to create products that deliver real value to our users. We explore new opportunities, technologies and services, and continuously test and optimise our products to meet our users' needs.
You will be a key player in defining our products UI with the support of other disciplines such as Interaction Designers, Copywriters and User researchers based in Hamburg, in order to create beautiful and engaging products.
A challenging task
- Define design standards that work globally across all XING products on web and mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Adopt and transfer brand guidelines to perform new outstanding interface designs.
- Apply user-centered design to come up with solutions our users will love.
- Create production-quality graphics and artwork for new features and enhancements based on concepts, designs, and specifications in close collaboration with Product Managers and Interaction Designers.
- Create and establish beautiful designs and layouts with a consistent look and feel.
- Develop clickable prototypes, and final designs, based on concepts, wireframes, and product specifications you define with a cross-discipline team.
- Work closely with developers and support them by handing off detailed visual design specifications.
- Contribute to our Design System by providing new components that can be reused throughout the platform.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues on-site and in remote locations.
A convincing background
- At least 5 years of experience designing consumer-facing products and using emerging technologies for web, mobile, and other devices.
- You have a degree in design or a related field – or you are a career changer with extensive relevant experience.
- You have an online portfolio or samples of your work you can show to demonstrate your expertise.
- Experience with the entire product design cycle, from research, to wireframes, to mockups, to prototypes, through to the final design and implementation.
- Proficient in tools such as Sketch, Principle, and other prototyping tools.
- Experience or familiarity with Design Systems.
- You are able to communicate clearly and to foster a strong team bond.
- You can communicate your design solutions eloquently and convincingly.
- You are passionate about tech.
- You are intrinsically motivated to both points out problems and suggest solutions.
- You must have a good level of English. English is our official working language.
As an addition to your strong UI skills, some of the additional points would be beneficial.
- Experience or familiarity with agile teams and agile development.
- Illustration skills.
- Experience in motion design for user interfaces.
- Mentoring Skills, Manage and grow trainees or students
An inspiring environment
- The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours. The New Work SE is heading to more flexibility of working remotely. Our New Mobile Office 50% policy combines both – more flexibility in working outside our Offices & face-to-face collaboration
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones, also with continuous personal feedback
- Regular events: Social days, company meetings, summer & Christmas party, offsite events and lots of fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can still add your partner at a small cost that will be deducted from your monthly salary
- An Employee Assistance (confidential) Program to assist you with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact your job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical - unpaid period of time in which you don’t work and is thus used for recreation.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds,
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, running club and various other protocols
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- Want to bring your pet to the office? No problem at NEW WORK
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!