Software Engineer Backend (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Software Engineer Backend (m/f/x)
XING is the leading online business network with 16 million members in German-speaking countries. Workers from every industry use XING to connect with one another, to look for jobs, new hires, projects, cooperation partners, expert advice and business ideas.
We're always looking to hear from engineers who love their craft to help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We have offices in various parts of Europe (Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Barcelona, Porto and, more recently, Valencia).
XING employees come from more than 30 different countries and bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. Some of us studied computer science, while others come from other fields or don't even have a degree-level qualification. The key common ingredient is a willingness to learn and grow.
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Software Engineer Backend (Ruby) to support the growth of a consolidated team.
Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
A challenging task
- You provide robust and sustainable Software for a high-volume application.
- Performance of our applications is key, and you will be responsible for providing a backend that also serves our power-users quickly and reliably.
- While backend is your main focus, you will have close discussions with experts in other technologies in how to structure the applications you’re responsible for.
- You’ll work in a cross-functional, professional, distributed team in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- You actively participate in iteratively improving our collaboration and processes.
- You collaborate with people of different roles, backgrounds, preferences and skills, and you contribute to the success of the company.
- Discuss and implement innovative solutions closely with product owners and designers
A convincing background
- Profound backend skills: you will be working on a Ruby application in a service-oriented architecture, and you know the caveats that come with it like the back of your hand.
- You are comfortable working in distributed team setups.
- The motivation to learn and improve development processes.
- Automated testing, clean code and code coverage is just as important to you as production code.
- Willingness to coach and mentor other developers.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- A positive mindset and the people skills to work with various people in various positions.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and some days “work from home”, restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Scala, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Java, ReactJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Swift, Kotlin...
If you have any questions please let us know!