Software Test Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Software Test Engineer (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape our Valencian future – for a better working life!
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Software Test Engineer
Join us and be a driver for the software and processes quality at XING! We value the art of continuous improvement. Agile testers work directly within the development teams and are our voice of quality and continuous improvement. They play an active part in releasing the software to our end users, and they help to understand the end-user perspective. Agile testers share the improvements and lessons learned with the company, for a better-working software. Popular technologies and tools like Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Riak, Git, Jenkins, Espresso for Android, Calabash, Capybara, RSpec, JMeter, TestNG, Chrome DevTools,... are used. In this position, you will work in a team with other 4 QA professionals and you will have the opportunity to be part of a wide and strong cross-location community of practice.
A challenging task
- Work inside the cross-functional agile teams, closely cooperating with developers, product owners, scrum masters and other stakeholders
- Contribute throughout the product development lifecycle: from product planning to releasing to production and monitoring the live environments
- Use testing infrastructure, data and tools to perform manual, exploratory and automated testing
- Make quality issues and concerns visible and help others understand the risks and impacts to our end users
- Propose improvements of our processes to be able to deliver higher quality software on time
A convincing background
- You are motivated and experienced test engineer with good communication skills
- You are familiar with web and mobile development processes, tools and architectures, version control systems (e.g. Git) and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- You have experience with automated and manual testing on mobile devices and emulators / simulators (e.g. Calabash, FB snapshot tests), as well as on web platform (e.g. RSpec, Cucumber)
- Proficient English speaking in a working environment
- Agile experience (Scrum or Kanban) and/or experience with backend testing (including REST services) is a plus
An inspiring environment
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and “work from home”policy, restaurant card, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails,PHP, Elixir, Go, Scala, Swift, Kotlin, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Java, ReactJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL…
If you have any questions please let us know!