Software Test Engineers (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Software Test Engineers (m/f/x)
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 16.5 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments..
Join us and be a driver for the software and processes quality at XING! We value the art of continuous improvement. Agile testers work directly within the development teams and are our voice of quality and continuous improvement. They play an active part in releasing the software to our end users, and they help to understand the end-user perspective. Agile testers share the improvements and lessons learned with the company, for a better-working software. Popular technologies and tools like Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Riak, Git, Jenkins, Espresso for Android, Calabash, Capybara, RSpec, JMeter, TestNG, Chrome DevTools,... are used.
A challenging task
- Work inside the cross-functional agile teams, closely cooperating with developers, product owners, scrum masters and other stakeholders
- Contribute throughout the product development lifecycle: from product planning to releasing to production and monitoring the live environments
- Use testing infrastructure, data and tools to perform manual, exploratory and automated testing
- Make quality issues and concerns visible and help others understand the risks and impacts to our end users
- Propose improvements of our processes to be able to deliver higher quality software on time
A convincing background
- You are motivated and experienced test engineer with good communication skills
- You are familiar with web and mobile development processes, tools and architectures, version control systems (e.g. Git) and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- You have experience with automated and manual testing on mobile devices and emulators / simulators (e.g. Calabash, FB snapshot tests), as well as on web platform (e.g. RSpec, Cucumber)
- Proficient English speaking in a working environment (German language not required, but nice to have)
- Agile experience (Scrum or Kanban) and/or experience with backend testing (including REST services) is a plus
An inspiring environment
New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!