System Network Engineer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
Senior Network Engineer (f/m/x)
As a technical company running a social network we operate our datacenters & network infrastructure on our own. Our System Engineers and Data Engineers work amongst other projects on bringing state-of-the-art technologies into production, maintaining the XING Platform and create highly scalable solutions that serve millions of users.
XING is looking to welcome a “System Engineer Network” to join our highly skilled and motivated Infrastructure & Cloud Services team as part of the Site Operations Department. The Infrastructure & Cloud Services team is responsible for delivering all infrastructure services including Networking, Compute, Storage & Cloud Services into the organisation. You will be working on our data center network in 2 co-locations, manage platform load balancers and ensure highest levels of network & perimeter security for the benefit of our users' privacy. You will be a sought-after colleague as your closest peers delivering Platform Services and Data Infrastructure Services are dependent on top of the line network performance & stability, on-prem and in the cloud.
A challenging task
- Run and optimise the network infrastructure in our data centres
- Maintain and optimize our shared network services in AWS
- Ensure maximum availability and performance of the XING website by way of load balancing and smart routing
- Work on infrastructure automation with your team
- Perform monitoring, disaster recovery and network component support to ensure minimal downtime
- Perform troubleshooting duties and help your colleagues in the Operations team
- Participate in our on-call schedule
A convincing background
- BSc in information technology, computer sciences or comparable
- 5+ years experience in managing complex network environments
- You have in-depth experience with switches and routers; knowledge of Juniper (JunOS) would be of benefit
- You’re well-versed in configuring and running load balancers (experience with Citrix NetScaler would be great)
- You have sound knowledge of routing protocols and feel right at home with BGP configurations
- You should have previous experience with firewalls (e.g. Fortigates, Juniper SRX)
- Experience with relevant AWS technologies (Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, VPC)
- Some experience with other technologies such as IPSec, Anycast and Multicast
- You are highly familiar with Linux and operating large-scale servers
- Experience with configuration management systems like Ansible and Terraform
- Knowledge of technologies like VMware, Docker and Kubernetes would be of benefit
- Script programming skills (bash, ruby, python) are also welcome
- Proficient english language skills
- A positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge with your team
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Annual conference allowances, regular training, meetups and brown bag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can
- Health Insurance
- An Employee Assistance Program to help you with all kinds of personal topics, to ensure you have the support for a better working life
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds
- Free breakfast, fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English, German and Portuguese lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply click below and apply!
If you have any questions please let us know!