Team Lead Engineering (f/m/x) | XING Marketing Solutions
- Full-time employee
New Work SE - for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
We currently have an opening for an Engineering Team Lead (f/m/x) in Porto.
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
Team Lead Engineering (f/m/x)
XING Marketing Solutions is responsible for turning data into services and products. Data scientists, architects and developers across different units within New Work SE work together to create highly scalable solutions that serve about 18 million users. We work with the latest technologies in a highly international environment. Currently the Marketing Solutions unit develops and maintains a self-booking advertisement solution and implements exciting new advertising formats. To support us in our ongoing development we are looking for an Engineering Team Lead.
A challenging task
- You will lead and inspire an engineering team of frontend and backend, iOS and Android developer as well as QA-engineers.
- You will drive your team members development and enable them to evolve their skills by living modern leadership principles.
- You will act as a guide for the team to ensure that technical interests are preserved.
- You will be responsible delivering high quality product features as well as the team’s effectiveness and output quality.
- You will facilitate communication and coordination with our product organization and external teams and coordinate technical projects. Project management skills will help you here.
- You will be responsible that the team is able to reach their goals.
- You will concept, design and find technical solutions to product requirements while ensuring the quality and sustainability of the technical solutions implemented by your team.
- You have a hands-on approach on driving the architecture of our products. Active coding and development should make part of your allocated time, although you have the freedom to decide how much and how.
A convincing background
- You are a technical leader with at least 1 year of experience in managing people within an agile software engineering environment.
- You have a professional working background in agile software engineering and project management, so you’re aware of the technical challenges your staff faces in their daily work and provide high-level advice and stability.
- You have both a strong theoretical and practical foundation in at least one modern object-oriented programming language and you are interested in current engineering technologies. Ideally, you have a track record as an experienced Backend, Frontend or QA engineer.
- You are an open minded, positive, pragmatic and solution-oriented person with a focus on goals and outcomes.
- You constantly strive to learn and improve yourself as well as the company and its products.
- You like to go the extra mile and think outside the box in order to deliver a good solution.
- You can communicate openly and clearly in English - German is a plus
- You like to laugh. Daily. Multiple times.
An inspiring environment
- The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours. The New Work SE is heading to more flexibility of working remotely. Our New Mobile Office 50% policy combines both – more flexibility in working outside our Offices & face-to-face collaboration
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones, also with continuous personal feedback
- Regular events: Social days, company meetings, summer & Christmas party, offsite events and lots of fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can still add your partner at a small cost that will be deducted from your monthly salary
- An Employee Assistance (confidential) Program to assist you with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact your job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical - unpaid period of time in which you don’t work and is thus used for recreation.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, running club and various other protocols
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- Want to bring your pet to the office? No problem at NEW WORK
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!