Team Lead Software Engineering
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Team Lead Software Engineering (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape our Valencian future – for a better working life!
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Team Lead Software Engineering.
Our group is formed by ten different brands, products and services that help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life. You will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing engineers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hackweek projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally. Join our fast-growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING
A challenging task
- Be a people manager in a cross-functional, multi-cultural engineering team: grow people, use their unique skills, and coach them on personal and tech topics.
- Check the health of the team, doing 1-1s regularly, managing conflicts, ensuring individuals have good work-life balance.
- Motivate your team members as you support them to reach mastery in their skills and give them clear messages about their purpose and team identity.
- Actively shape the technology strategy together with the Engineering Director and assist your Product Owner in discovering new opportunities in product and business.
- Be passionate about and responsible for continuously improving development processes. Join forces with your agile coach to become the delivery leads of your teams.
- Question the status-quo and proactively develop improvements in the realms of technology, process, and people development.
- Work closely with Product Owners and your team to find effective technical solutions which get the job done and scale in speed, size, and extensibility.
- Be active in hiring engineers who like working in smart, diverse teams, and have a “getting-things-done” attitude.
- Ensure quality and sustainability of technical solutions implemented by the team.
A convincing background
- First-hand experience in building and leading engineering teams in agile environments with people management responsibility.
- A trustworthy person who understands their team, supports them and can offer tailored development paths that leverage their potential.
- You are comfortable working in distributed and cross-location team setups.
- Proven experience in software development: coding, testing, releasing and monitoring.
- Knowledge of software architecture, enough to provide guidance and make strategic decisions.
- Good understanding of the pains of building and shipping code first-hand.
- You have a positive attitude towards challenges with a can-do and get-things-done mindset.
- You understand the nature of the business and the complexity of human interactions. You can handle change resiliently and adjust course accordingly.
- You have good communication skills and you are able to adapt the communication style to the recipients (e.g. developing the employees, presenting on the business side, having a clear, structured and precise language and being able to give feedback)
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
- You can communicate openly and clearly in English, both spoken and written (German or Spanish a plus but not a must!)
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and remote work policy, restaurant card, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract.
Large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
If you have any questions please let us know!