- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
UX/UI Designer (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with more than 19 million members all over the world.
Help us shape our Valencian future – for a better working life!
We are currently hiring a UX/UI Designer to join one of our teams. As a designer at XING, you’ll be part of a 90+ UX team consisting of dedicated copywriters, user researchers, analytics, UI and UX designers distributed across our Hamburg, Barcelona, Porto and Valencia offices. We work with product owners, product managers and developers to create products that deliver real value to our users. We explore new opportunities, technologies and services, and continuously test and optimise our products to meet our users' needs.
A challenging role
- Create production-quality graphics and artwork for new features and enhancements based on concepts, designs and specifications in close collaboration with product managers and interaction designers.
- Apply user-centric design to come up with solutions our users will love.
- Work closely with developers and support them by handing off detailed visual design specifications.
- Develop clickable prototypes and final designs based on concepts, wireframes and product specifications you define with a cross-discipline team.
- Define design standards that work across all XING products on desktop and mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Adopt and transfer brand guidelines to create outstanding new interface designs.
- Set up new components and guidelines to keep our design consistent and coherent.
- Create and establish beautiful designs and layouts with a coherent look and feel.
- Contribute to our design system by providing new components for reuse throughout our platforms.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues on-site and in remote locations.
A convincing background
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing consumer-facing products and using emerging technologies for desktop, mobile and other devices.
- You have a degree in design or a related field – or you’re a career-changer with extensive relevant experience.
- You have an online portfolio or work samples you can show to demonstrate your expertise.
- You have experience with the entire product design cycle, ranging from research to wireframes, mockups, prototypes and on to the final design and implementation.
- You’re proficient with Sketch, Abstract, Principle and other prototyping tools.
- You have experience or are familiar with design systems.
- You’re able to communicate clearly and to foster a strong team bond.
- You can communicate your design solutions eloquently and convincingly.
- You’re passionate about technology.
- You’re intrinsically motivated to point out problems and suggest solutions.
- You must have a good level of English as it’s our official working language.
In addition to your strong UI skills, the following points would be beneficial:
- Illustration skills.
- Experience in motion design for user interfaces.
- Experience or familiarity with agile teams and agile development.
An inspiring environment
- Innovation weeks
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets/Pension
- Extended holidays (26+4+2)
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Relocation pack if needed.
Once a year, we have our UX Summit where the UX department comes together and discusses the future of UX. Please watch the video we recorded in 2019.
Over to you: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Valencia, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!