Vice President (m/f/d) User Experience
- Full-time employee
- Executive (VP, SVP, etc.)
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Vice President (m/f/d) User Experience
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 18 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments.
XING is the market leading professional social network in German speaking countries with over 18 million members. The UX department forms an integral part of the product organization of xing.com.
With the working world changing constantly driven by the megatrends of digitization, change of values and demographics, the expectations from our users towards a professional platform that supports them, is growing constantly. At the same time, the landscape of social media is also experiencing disruption. Messaging platforms are on the rise, while personal social networks undergo change. UX plays a central role in understanding these shifts and interpreting their impact on our user journeys with an aim to build user centric products that delight.
XING is looking for a seasoned leader, reporting to the CPO, to oversee XING’s multidisciplinary user experience team, which consists of over 70 dedicated interaction designers, visual designers, copywriters and user research professionals. Designers work in small cross-functional agile teams with product managers and developers. The copywriting and user research teams support product and marketing teams, centrally. The VP UX oversees this work, enabling efficient and impactful user-focused outcomes. Driving strategic research is central to this and is supported via diverse research methods that include the usage of our on-site research lab. In addition, the UX function is responsible for our tone of voice, copy solutions, visual design language and, in collaboration with the engineering team, the design system.
The VP UX acts at the intersection of Product, Engineering, Brand, and Marketing. The role works closely with respective SVPs to broadly drive XING’s product and design strategy across all aspects of the business, including our paid memberships. The role leads the development and execution of the UX strategy by nurturing a world-class UX team and by driving user-centricity, product and design excellence.
The VP UX is a member of XING’s management team, together with the Managing Directors and Engineering Heads.
The main tasks:
- Lead definition and execution of the overall UX vision and strategy.
- Provide leadership for a team of 70+ designers, researchers, copywriters and UX leaders.
- Develop a world-class UX function by recruiting, mentoring and inspiring the UX community, while also evolving the UX practice via tools, processes, competencies, principles and best practices.
- Collaborate closely with the product and engineering functions to develop the XING vision and strategy.
- Ensure appropriate and actionable user research is being conducted, champion key user insights, design and copy concepts to stakeholders across all levels.
- Internally align various teams by building user journeys that span XING’s diverse product offerings (including paid memberships), continuously reevaluating user data with the goal to maximize delight, engagement, conversion, retention and promotion.
- Support evolution of our XING brand: tone of voice, design language and design system (includes, motion design and illustration).
- Champion the voice of the user, enabling colleagues to have a deeper understanding of our users and how we can positively make a difference for them.
- Stay on top of the competitive landscape and derive insights and implications.
- Own and drive objectives and key results for the UX function.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in design, human-computer interaction, behavior psychology, or related fields with previous hands-on experience as a designer or researcher.
- Creative thinker with strong business acumen, MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of UX leadership that includes managing managers and experience with complex consumer-facing internet services (mobile experience is a must).
- Experience working in an agile cross-functional environment over the course of the entire product design lifecycle, ranging from user research, business planning, wireframes, and prototypes, to the final design, implementation, and further optimization.
- Knowledge of user-centered design methods, experience working with design systems, and a highly refined visual design sensibility.
- Pragmatic can-do attitude and exceptional ability to empower and energize large multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance user needs with business goals, drive consensus with diverse stakeholders, and articulate the rationale behind design decisions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational skills to persuasively convey product and design solutions to top management and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and German.
An inspiring environment
The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!
Stephanie von Elmbach